Thursday, February 17, 2011

Welcome to Stace A Base Cakes!

As my first post on this blog, I would like to explain the name. Back in high school, my husband (then boyfriend) would call me Stace A Base. Since the name has always stuck, I decided to title my blog as such.

One might ask, "What inspired my cake decorating hobby?"
There are a few different reasons why I decided to start cake decorating.
#1: I don't know if anyone feels the same way I do, but I always have admired the beautiful wedding cakes at wedding receptions and always wished that I could do them. One day, I was at Hobby Lobby (the store my husband wishes I never knew of) and was perusing the scrapbook supplies when something in the cake decorating aisle caught my eye. I started to slowly walk down the aisle and stared in awe at the many supplies available for cake decorating. Hanging from the wall was a slip of paper that advertised cake decorating classes held at Hobby Lobby. Since it was very inexpensive, I decided to sign up. Well, the rest is history! I have taken a couple of courses and am always looking for new things to try out.
#2: I absolutely love to learn new things! I have always been a "hands on" person and hate to wait for things. Even as a little girl, I taught myself violin because I didn't want to wait around until 4th grade when we were able to sign up in school. My family can tell anyone that I have a tendancy to get too impatient. Well, I definitely jumped on board with cake decorating and wasn't going to hesitate.
#3: Cake decorating has been a huge escape for me. I have found (especially in the last 4-6 months), that my passion for cake decorating has grown to a new level. Instead of focusing on the things that bring me down at this time in my life, I am able to focus on something that makes me and others happy. :)

You get the picture. I hope you enjoy this blog as you see my journey through cake decorating. I will be starting from my very first cake up until now.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!! They look so pretty. I will so be contacting you if I ever need a cake! :)

    ReplyDelete